Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lesson for the Week



If You Want to Make God Laugh…

(04/13/09)

Recently I’ve been praying for direction because I’ve had such a difficult time finding a full time job with benefits. The other day I almost gave up when I was told that every North Carolina state agency was forced to go on a hiring freeze for the next three months. You’ve heard the expression, “It’s always darkest before the dawn”? Well, that was when the light dawned and God decided to show himself. I was given the opportunity to go back to college and work on my degree without having to have a job. I can work part time if I choose to, or it becomes in some way necessary; but my daughter and I will be given food, clothing, and shelter until I finish. WOW!! Not only was I humbled at the gift that I had been given, I also sat in awe of how things change. If you had told me two months ago that I would be going back to school in Boone, NC, I would have said you were crazy. I had a whole different route set up in my mind about what I ’should’ be doing. I guess that’s why it’s best to leave things up to God.
We tend to put God in a box. We expect Him to do things our way. We share our plans with Him, thinking that He will be there to help; but we never ask Him what He wants for us. We need to remember that God works in His own way, and His own time. And if you want give Him a good laugh, tell him your plans. “As for God, his way is perfect…” (2 Samuel 22:31, NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment