Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let's Celebrate!



For those of you who live in cold weather, how long does it take you to get your car warm in the morning?  For my small car it can happen relatively quickly; but still, there are those days when we just shake and shiver waiting for the engine to be warm enough to turn on the heat.  The other night, after spending some time with my parents, my daughter and I headed home in fairly cold weather… again, waiting for the car to get warm so that I may turn on the heat.  A few minutes after leaving my parents’ home I let my daughter know that the heat was on and the car would be warm soon.  Zoe then surprised me by shouting, “Let’s Celebrate!”  She was so happy to have a warm car, she couldn’t contain her enthusiasm.  At first I thought she was being a little overly zealous… I mean come on… all I did was turn on the heat.  But that one statement reminded me of how important it is for us to be grateful for, and even celebrate, the little things in life.  It helps us to keep a grateful heart towards God and all that He does for us every day… regardless of how big or small His help may seem.  The next time some “little” blessing comes your way, remember to thank God for His help; and don’t forget to ‘celebrate’!

Philippians 4:4
Psalm 150:1-2
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment