Friday, March 30, 2012

I Understand


 (03/29/12)

The other day my daughter told me about a friend of hers who was crying at school.  After telling me why she was upset I told her, “You know how she feels don’t you?”… to which she answered, “Yes, Mommy.  I guess I should have stopped and told her, ‘I understand’.”  I smiled.  I am always amazed at how God uses the smallest things to remind me of His love.  Those two little words: I understand.  Think about how important they are.  When you’re upset and talking to your best friend about how someone has hurt you, what do you want to hear?  I understand.  When you’ve had a stressful day and you’re venting to your mother, what do you want to hear?  I understand.  You want people to understand who you are, why you do things the way you do them, and how you feel.  Those two little words… I understand… make a big difference.
We can take comfort in our friends and family understanding us, but what’s even more important to remember is that God understands us.  He understands who we are and why we do things the way we do because He created us.  He understands how we feel because He came to earth in human form and experienced joy and happiness, pain and sadness the way we do.  He knows what we go through day after day; and He’s always there for us.  So the next time we are having a bad day, let’s have a talk with God.  And when we are through letting go of our emotional baggage, let’s stay really quiet and listen to those two little words that He will inevitably speak to our hearts… “I understand”.

Hebrews 2: 16-18
Hebrews 4: 14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment