Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Expectations/Acceptance


I am not a victim of others,
but rather of my own expectations, choices..
When I expect others to be
what I want them to be
and not who they are;
when they fail to meet my expectations,
I am hurt.
When choices are based on self-centeredness,
I find I am lonely and distrustful.
I gain confidence in myself,
however,
when I practice LOVE in all my affairs.
When I search my motives
and am honest and trusting,
I am aware of the capacity for harm in
situations and can avoid those that are harmful.
It is easy to love the loveable,
but loving the unlovable is real LOVE.

If we can not show Love 
then how can we teach others how to Love.

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems
today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some
person, place, thing, or situation... some fact of my life
unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until
I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being
exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world
by mistake.

Now that this truth has become a part of my life,
I am able to get up everyday and enjoy my day.
All the things which used to bother me don't anymore.
If GOD allows it to happen to me then it is for my good
even if I don't like it or if it hurts.
Getting mad or upset over things I can't change
only makes it worse.
May GOD's blessing be with you.

Anonymous


"Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God."
(Romans 15:7, NASB) 

No comments:

Post a Comment