Monday, June 27, 2011

Through His Eyes


(06/07/11)

This morning as I was checking my email, I was led to a message board on the Tyler Perry website.  (Love me some Tyler Perry!)  This particular message, left by a woman named Susan, was about a little girl who was sweet, loving, and outgoing; and lifted Susan’s spirits during a particularly difficult time in her life.  As I was reading I was reminded of all the compliments that I get about my own daughter.  I hear things like, “She is so sweet”… and “she is such a blessing”… and “I’ve never met such a loving child.”  Sometimes I wonder, as I know that most parents do, “Who are you talking about?  This can’t be the same child I deal with day after day.”  Don’t get me wrong, I do actually agree with those statements; however, being her mother, I don’t get to see that side of her in our daily interactions.  I’m her safe place… that place where she can let all of her seven-year-old anger and frustrations go.   Does she need that in her life?  Yes.  Do I enjoy being that for her?  No way!  Would I change it?  Not on your life.  What I’m getting at is that God puts others in my life to remind me of who Zoe truly is through His eyes.  Otherwise, the frustration of being her “safety net” would become too much for me to handle.  Regardless of whether or not you’re a parent, I’m going to bet that there is someone in your life that you have to “deal with”… that person that at times you have to ask God for strength in order to be around.  We all have them… we all know what it’s like.  What we have to remember is that God loves them unconditionally, just as He loves us.  And when that person becomes too much for us to handle, let’s ask God to help us see them through His eyes, not our own.
 
1 Samuel 16:7
Colossians 3:12-15
Ephesians 4:2-7
1 Peter 4:8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment