Monday, May 23, 2011

I Have Not Because...


 (05/18/11)
I have trouble asking people for help.  I always have.  Maybe it’s because of a lack of self-esteem.  Maybe it’s because I feel that most people have enough to worry about without me adding to it.  Maybe it’s because I have trouble trusting others with my problems.  Whatever the reason, my thought processes have led to me being exhausted and lonely on many occasions.  I know that I need the help, but how do I get over myself long enough to get it?  There’s only one way… by doing the thing I fear the most: asking for it.  God tells us that, “…You do not have because you do not ask…” (James 4:2, NIV)  He also says, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8, NIV)  So what’s my next step?  The next time I need help, ask.  I can’t wait until my thought processes get the better of me… I just need to go ahead and ask.  Then when the help comes, and according to God’s word it will, I can receive it with a grateful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment