Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Because of Who He is...


(05/17/11)

This morning as I was reading about God’s abundance, I found myself feeling unworthy of the many gifts and blessings that God gives me every day. I felt as if I had done nothing to earn them. Then God reminded me of His provisional nature through Philippians 4:19: “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” (NIV) God blesses me and meets my needs according to His love for me, not because of anything I’ve done to earn it. It’s amazing how we continue to need reminding of the basics, isn’t it? When our feelings tell us that we are not worthy, God reminds us that we are because of His love for us and what Jesus did for us on the cross, not because of anything that we have done. He is so amazing! Praise you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment